December 23, 2009

Leman Russ Demolisher Punisher Executioner

So, I've got a new toy. It's a Leman Russ Demolisher:

Leman Russ Demolisher

It's also a Leman Russ Executioner:

Leman Russ  Executioner

And, well, it's a Leman Russ Punisher too:

Leman Russ Punisher

Or to put it another way, I've been busy with magnets. As per before, I got them from http://www.powermagnetstore.com. I used 1/8" x 1/16" discs.

First I dealt with the turret: I pierced the hinge of the door, and slid a piece of .8mm brass rod in, so the top could be opened and closed. I then glued a piece of plasticard to the bottom of the hatch.

Turret

I assembled the tank commander and sawed off the sides so it could fit in the turret. I then pierced two holes in the base and glued magnets in there. I put a dab of paint on both magnets (Macharius Solar Orange, as it's nicely thick and bright), and gently pressed the commander in the hatch. With that done I had nice dots on the plasticard. Two more holes through the dots and I had magnets glued in place.

Commander

Then it was time for the main guns. One magnet in the base, a spot of paint again, and I pressed all three main guns in turn against it (note that I filled the hole in the base of the Punisher cannon with green stuff first).

Main gun

So now I had 3 magnetised main guns:

3 main guns

It was time to deal with the rear of the turret - same story as before, holes, paint and green stuff:

Rear of the turret

Rear of turret

(note the magnet used above is a 2 x 1mm disc)

Rear of turret

Here is the result:

Result

No comments:

Post a Comment