Still no battle reports, I know… I did have a game planned for today, but the weather was quite dodgy this morning so, being cautious and all, we decided to cancel. In the end it did not rain in the afternoon, and I managed to squeeze in a bit of hobby. Among other things, I magnetised my canoptek acanthrites (still a work in progress, paint-wise) and my recently acquired Screamers of Tzeentch to their bases. The goal being for them to be easier to store. Plus, magnets.
As these models have balltop flying stems on their bases, and so nice large holes on the models themselves, I decided to have a go with Filla-Glu’s Powder and Wicking glue kit.
It’s all quite simple. Below is an acanthrite, with the hole for the base’s stem in its chest.
Step 1: pour the powder into the hole.
Step 2: push the magnet in. It’s powder, so it’s easy to push it in.
Step 3: add a drop of wicking glue. The stuff is super thin, and binds everything together instantly.
Step 4: use regular super glue to add a magnet to the base. I flattened the stems first (using a Dremel because I am lazy, but clippers and files should do just as well). The one below is slanted, as an horizontal one resulted in a seriously nose-diving acanthrite.
And here is the same on a screamer: